Welcome back to the Innovations Team’s newsletter, ID, or Innovations Digest; our download of what’s happening in the world of Pop-Culture, Technology, Online Video, and Marketing.
You may notice that this is a shorter version of the ID than you’re used to. We’ve been hearing rumblings that two bulletins in each section was getting a little lengthy, especially for those reading on a blackberry. So, we decided to experiment this week with one item in each section. We would love to hear your feedback as we continue to tweak the Digest for your needs.
Thank you for reading the ID blog. We hope this continues to be a convenient way for you to receive and read ID. For the rest of you who enjoy the email format, do not fret, we will continue to send that out as well. ID has been published in our blog for 21 weeks now – my how time flies – and each week it sees more readers. We hope this has been an easier way for you to enjoy ID each week.
As we are continually trying to make this a useful resource for you, please feel free to reach out to us with any feedback. Thank you for all your guidance, patience, and support as we attempt to make this a valuable resource and entertaining experience for all.
Your Innovations Team
- Have you ever seen “The Game,” with Michael Douglas? It’s kind of like that – this new thrill seeking service. If skydiving and bungie jumping don’t quite do it for you, and all you really want is to have the buhjesus scared out of you, the French company Ultime Réalité will kidnap, bound, gag, and imprison you for up to 10 hours. If you want the real deal you can throw in ransom notes, escapes, and helicopter chases for a little extra. Don’t like being bound and gagged? Then their “manhunt” package might be more for you. Be the hunter or the hunted for one or two days. Have a little Pablo Escobar inside you? You’ll want the “Go-Fast Adventure” where you take the role of a drug dealer smuggling cargo on the high seas. Last but not least, their latest addition allows you to wake up on an autopsy table in a morgue, surrounded by corpses and body bags. We don’t know about you, but we think these all sound like GREAT company outings. Initiative party, kidnapping for 200?
- Before reading this article we heard this news from our very own Caroline Giegerich who is currently attending SXSW, but apparently Apple had 90,000 pre-ordered iPads on DAY 1! We knew there would be a number of loyalists who would pick up the device no matter what, but this was unexpectedly high. There may be a number of organizations trying to get their paws on one as well to explore its full potential. It’s still a little to early to tell whether it will be a game changer or not, but it’s certainly coming out the gates strong.
- With mobile devices these days – not just cell phones but anything you can carry with you, PSP, laptop, cameras – smaller makes a bigger statement. Au contraire, says Cheil World Wide, BIGGEST is BEST. They promoted the Samsung Nx11 camera by making a gigantic camera out of a shipping container. You had to climb on top of it and jump on the shutter button in order to take a picture, which would then display on a jumbo screen atop a building across the street. BIG SMILE!
Viral of the Week:
- This young lady is making waves on the YouTubes (I think that’s what the kids are calling it these days- “the YouTubes”). Her Axl Rose-esque shredding has racked her up almost 2.3 million views in the last week.
- You may have heard about the time the entire Innovations team thought we had mono for an entire year. Turns out, we were just really bored. We are bored no more, thanks to the unrivaled flavor of Dr Pepper. But don’t let us persuade you, if you missed 30 Rock this week, have a listen to Dr Spaceman, after all, he is a Dr. Call this a shameless plug if you must, but there’s just no denying the facts.
FACT – Dr Pepper cures boredom.
Other Cool Stuff:
Betty White to host SNL on May 8 – thank you social media
This week’s contributors: